IDC Tracker® + Data Products
China Semiannual Provincial Tape Drive and Tape Automation Tracker
Tape as a backup product plays an important role in the storage market and in the information life-cycle management. From single tape drive to tape autoloader and tape library, these tape technologies are utilized across all industries, each having its own unique features and set of loyal customers. In this competitive market, identifying and focusing on market segments with the most potential customer base has become the main focus of each vendor. IDC's China Semiannual Provincial Tape Drive and Tape Automation Tracker® is designed to provide vendors with detailed and comprehensive information about market segmentations to help them target the segments with the highest growth potential and opportunities.
Technology Coverage and Data Segmentation
This tracker provides total market size and vendor share for the following technology areas and segmentations. Measurement for this tracker is in shipments, factory revenue, and customer revenue.
Technologies and subtechnologies:
- Tape type: Tape drive, autoloader, and library
- Tape technology
- Company size: Government, education, very large business (1,000+ employees), large business (500–999 employees), medium-sized business (100–499 employees), small business (10–99 employees), and small office (1–9 employees)
- Vertical markets: 36 subvertical coverage in these industries — distribution, education, finance, government, health, manufacturing, media, petroleum, telco/TEM, transportation, and utilities
- China mainland
- Geographic coverage of 32 cities by province: North China (Beijing, Hebei, Inner Mongolia, Shandong, Shanxi, and Tianjin); East China (Anhui, Jiangsu, Shanghai, and Zhejiang); Central China (Henan, Hubei, Hunan, and Jiangxi); Northeast China (Heilongjiang, Jilin, and Liaoning); Northwest China (Gansu, Ningxia, Shaanxi, and Xinjiang); Southwest China (Chongqing, Guizhou, Sichuan, Tibet, and Yunnan); and South China (Fujian, Guangdong, Guangxi, Guangzhou, Hainan, and Shenzhen)
Forecasts for this tracker are updated semiannually and include one year of historical data and an additional five years of annual market projections. Forecasts are available at the country level. Examples of the segmentations being forecast in this tracker include:
- Vertical industry
Delivery Schedule and Deliverables
This tracker is delivered on a semiannual basis with tools such as pivot tables and PowerPoint slides. The delivery schedule for this tracker is as follows:
- Preliminary data tables presented in the Excel table format are delivered 75 days after the close of the half year.
- Final tape drive and automation market databook presented in the Excel pivot format will be delivered 75 days after the close of the half year.
- Executive summary presented in the PowerPoint format, which provides a summary of the half year's key trends, competitive landscape, and market opportunities, is delivered 75 days after the close of the half year.