IDC Tracker® + Data Products
Asia/Pacific Quarterly Mobile Phone Tracker
The Asia/Pacific mobile phone market continues to be highly complex due to differences in regional wireless infrastructures, types of customers, and government regulations across countries. Developing markets such as China, India, Indonesia, and Vietnam provide tremendous opportunities for low-end phones. Meanwhile, Australia, Hong Kong, Korea, and Singapore spearhead the move toward new technologies and usage patterns that are often eventually adopted by markets all over the world.
IDC's Asia/Pacific Quarterly Mobile Phone Tracker® monitors the mobile phone market on a quarterly basis for Asia/Pacific (excluding Japan) with country-based granularity. This product provides broad and integrated coverage of the mobile phone market, helping companies understand new developments from a regional perspective while building a deeper appreciation of the unique mobile phone challenges in each country.
Technology Coverage and Data Segmentation
This tracker provides total market size and vendor share for the following technology areas and segmentations. Measurement for this tracker is in units as well as revenue.
Technologies and subtechnologies:
- By device type (feature phone, smartphone)
- By air interface (GSM, GPRS, EDGE, CDMA2001 1x RTT, UMTS/WCDMA, TD-SCDMA, HSPA, CDMA2000 1X EV-DO, LTE, WiMAX, etc.)
- By operating system for smartphones (Android, BlackBerry OS, Symbian, Windows Phone, etc.)
- By various technical splits (screen size, dual SIM, CPU processor, etc.)
- Price band analysis
- By segment (consumer, commercial)
- By channel type (telco, retail, direct, etailers, others)
- Asia/Pacific excluding Japan (14 countries: Australia, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Korea, Malaysia, New Zealand, Philippines, PRC, Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand, Vietnam, and rest of Asia/Pacific)
Forecasts for this tracker are updated quarterly and include one year of historical data, two years of quarterly forecasts, and an additional three years of annual market projections. Forecasts are available at the regional and country levels. Examples of the segmentations being forecast in this tracker include:
- Country breakdown
- Vendor unit shipments by device type, air interface, operating system
- Vendor revenue by device type and operating system
Delivery Schedule and Deliverables
This tracker is delivered on a quarterly basis with tools such as pivot tables. The delivery schedule for this tracker is as follows:
- Historical data: Week 9 after quarter closes
- Forecast data: Week 10 after quarter closes
- Executive summary: Week 11 after quarter closes