IDC's Carrier IP Network Infrastructure and Virtualization service analyzes the emerging opportunities and challenges for network infrastructure suppliers selling IP and Carrier Ethernet wired network solutions to communications service providers. This service focuses on the deployment of key IP, Ethernet, and optical network infrastructure products that support enhanced IP/MPLS services, Carrier Ethernet, mobile backhaul, IP VPNs, datacenter interconnect, and optical and cloud connectivity. It also analyzes emerging trends in network virtualization, including analysis of software-defined networks (SDNs), Network Functions Virtualization (NFV), solutions, vendor strategies, and new SDN- and NFV-related industry ecosystems and associations. This service covers routing and switching as well as the packet optical networking market segments in significant detail. Research includes quantitative and qualitative market assessments as well as forecasts of market trends, technology requirements, and deployment strategies.
- Carrier Ethernet (routing and switching) forecast and opportunities
- Service provider routers (core and edge)
- Vendor SDN and NFV strategies and solutions
- Next-generation network (NGN) wireline and wireless infrastructure
- Service provider routers and the migration of Ethernet into the core networks
- Wireless backhaul applications and trends
- Technology convergence of the wireline and wireless infrastructure
- Datacenter interconnect next-generation network infrastructure
- Network migration strategies of network operators
- Issues in optical network deployments
- Worldwide Carrier Ethernet Forecast and Market Share
- Worldwide Service Provider Routing Forecast and Analysis
- SDN and NFV Telecom Wireline Taxonomy
- SDN and NFV Use Cases
- Impact of SDN and NFV Wireline Forecast
- Technology Evolution Insights
- Telecom Equipment Market Share and Forecasts
- Consulting and White Papers
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
- How will the service provider router and switch market evolve to meet the growing demand for video distribution, broadband, and business services?
- What type of SDN and NFV use cases will be adopted by CSPs, and how will this change the vendor landscape in the coming years?
- How are equipment vendors positioning to gain share as service provider capex spending stalls?
- How will migration to open software platforms and network virtualization of carrier infrastructure affect incumbent vendors?
- How and when will leading service providers converge their networks?
- What is the opportunity for wireless backhaul, and what new backhaul solutions are evolving?
- Which networking vendors are best positioned to increase market share among service providers in 2014?
IDC's Carrier IP Network Infrastructure and Virtualization service examines how infrastructure suppliers are positioning themselves to compete in the service provider market. This service reviews the strategies, market positioning, and future direction of infrastructure suppliers as well as their customers in this space, including:
Accenture, ADTRAN, ADVA, Alcatel-Lucent, Allot, ANDA, ARRIS, Brocade, Calix, Ciena, Cisco Systems, Comverse, ConteXtream, ECI, Ekinops, Ericsson, Extreme Networks, F5, Fujitsu, Hitachi, HP, Huawei, Infinera, Juniper Networks, LG Electronics, Microsoft, Motorola, MRV, NEC, Nokia Siemens Networks, Oracle, SeaChange, Spirent, Sycamore, Tejas, Tellabs, Tollgrade, Toshiba, Transmode, UTStarcom, XKL, Zhone, ZTE, and ZyXEL.
IDC's Custom Research and Go-to-Market Solutions harness the power of global research, thought leadership, and innovative best practices to drive your business forward. With proven approaches and research-backed methodologies, IDC helps you:
IDC Custom Solutions develops and delivers programs designed around your specific business goals using a foundation of research and insights across technologies, geographies, and industries as well as expertise across practice areas that span strategy, sales and marketing, and business measurement and management. Go here to view our overview video.
Whether you are a technology buyer or provider, IDC Insights' research translates today's global IT professional requirements and trends into business opportunities for your organization. With dedicated businesses targeting energy, financial services, government, healthcare, manufacturing, and retail, IDC provides unmatched integration of global technology and vertical industry expertise to deliver industry-specific customer intelligence that gives clients a powerful business advantage.
Connect and engage with a global network of business and IT professionals in the first-of-its-kind end-user community at http://www.idc-community.com or learn more about our IT Executive research by visiting http://www.idc.com/itexecutive.